Feeling sluggish and having a hard time getting around during the day? There are several easy-to-do tips, and suggestions, on how to wake up in the morning and stay alert all day long.
Sometimes you just want to lay around, and nothing gets done, making no progress during the day. And you wish you had the energy to get up and do those chores, or run those errands.
Everyone gets tired for different reasons, and that’s why there are different solutions to each problem. Figure out why you’re so exhausted, maybe you’re not sleeping enough, or not eating the right foods. Maybe you’re just too stressed over the little things. These simple solutions should help you out, to reclaim your energy and take back your day to do the things you really wanted to do.
- Sleeping. Having a regular schedule for going to bed and waking up at a certain time will let your body rest more easily. Hitting the snooze button can actually make you feel tired rather than giving you the extra rest you were trying for. Trying to get that extra 15 minutes can take your energy before even getting out of bed.
- Napping. Taking a 20-40 minute nap during the afternoon will revive your energy. Although people think that taking naps during the day will cause them to sleep less at night, it’s not necessarily true. Those who have a constant sleep pattern, still sleep throughout the night. Naps cause them to have even more energy the next day than those who didn’t rest the day before.
- Breakfast. Eating the right breakfast is very important. After all, it is the most important meal of the day. Depending on what you eat, this could either make sluggish and tired, or energetic and alert all day long. A good breakfast should consist of plenty of protein, not sugar, and low in calories. Example: two eggs and a slice of toast.
- Showering. Taking your showers two hours before you go to bed can help you get a deeper sleep, and feel well rested by morning. If taking a shower in the morning, warm or hot water, will end up making you tired. But taking a cold shower, or burst of cold water at the end of your shower, will wake you up and give you a feeling of alertness.
- Chewing gum. A stick of sugar-free gum will not only help prevent cavities, but it will also keep you alert. And if popping bubbles, this takes concentration and will keep your mind awake.
- Relax. Getting stressed out or over-exerting yourself will tire you out fast, and could lead to health problems. Don’t let the little things get to you. Working on hobbies or exercising will help you relax and take it easy. Exercising will wake you up and get your blood pumping. Also, you could try meditation.
- Schedule yourself. Making a list of certain errands and giving yourself time to do it all in will pace you during the day. This will conserve your energy instead of getting everything done at the same time and tiring you out afterwards.
- Coffee and water. Drinking cold water throughout the day can keep you energized. And drinking coffee with caffeine in it can also help you keep going.
- Vitamins. It is very important to have your full dosage of vitamins daily. With your diet plan or without, especially if you have to skip meals. Your body needs it’s vitamins to function properly, and having the full dose has a greater effect to helping your body and mind, than when you’re not taking vitamins.
- Stay healthy. Feeling tired and over-exhausted the majority of the time could be due to a health problem. See your doctor for a full check-up. Explain how tired you are and any other symptoms you might have. Maybe it’s depression, allergies, wrong diet, or could even be from working too hard. Be sure to get a stress test.